Monday, September 19, 2011

Arctic Circle Flies Part Two

If you remember back in July of this year I posted about tying some flies for a friend who was headed to the Arctic Circle for some Arctic Char fishing. The original post can be found here: http://vern-o.blogspot.com/2011/07/ordinary-fliesextraordinary-location.html . Anyway it's time to bring you up to speed on the results.  First I get the following email:

Dear Mr. VERN-O..I would like to request a partial credit for two (identical) pink flies that after 5 days of being cast thousands of time over rock beds each lost the green color on one eye. Those char are  both 37+ inches and weigh 24 and 28 lbs..on an eight weight 13.5' spey rod--the larger one had 300 yds of backing out (25 minutes to land)....Two largest fish since 2008 on Ekaluk.  

Now I have to say this was the best complaint ever....he was kidding about the partial credit request.  I was tickled pink (pun intended) to say the least that his trip went so well.  I borrowed a couple of pictures that he later sent and blacked out the smiles of all parties to protect their indentity.

No comments:

Post a Comment