Friday, January 25, 2013

Oak Orchard Fly Shop Demo

I made my annual trip to the Oak Orchard Fly Shop in Williamsville, NY last Saturday (1/19/13) to do a fly tying demo.  The OOFS has guest tyers every Saturday afternoon during January and February.  I look forward to this trip every year, as it is one of the nicest collection of folks around. From Emanual at the register, to Nick organizing/hosting, and the dedicated locals that show up to make it all worthwhile. This year is special since it is the shop's twenty year anniversary. Keeping up to my standard I whipped up some chili and my wife made a chocolate jelly roll cake with mint cookies and crème filling.  If you are willing to watch me tie for two hours, the least I can do is feed you. Right?  My buddy Martin and I met up with our Buffalo friend Eric at Duff's for some Buffalo wings and a beer before heading to the shop.  The demo went very well and the sharing of ideas was a two way street.  It's always great to see folks returning from year to year.  This drives me to keep it fresh with new ideas and patterns. This year I decided to do some foam flies and warmwater patterns.  As most demos go, not everything goes smooth and being able to talk through these not so perfect moments helps me improve.  I look forward to next year already.  Thanks for the support guys and gals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment