Monday, May 23, 2011

Bassin' In Trout Town

A bunch of the Boyz headed down to Roscoe, NY (Trout Town USA).  As usual the trout part was hit and miss (a lot of miss).  It seems everytime we head down the weather takes a dump.  The water was typically high, but Friday dumped hail and lightning turning the streams to mud.....Martin and I each hit a trout in the early part of the day before the rain.  The bass fishing as usual saved the day!  Saturday nights hatch never developed on the Willowemoc.  A good trip overall, but the trout thing is getting frustrating to say the least. I did a brief tying demo at the Beaverkill Angler and fellow soft hackle freaks Mark Ramero, Misako, and Ray Tucker showed up to watch.  Thanks for the support!  I've been working on a new warmwater fly that I developed and test drove while down in the Catskills.  I'm hoping to unleash it very soon....so stay tuned


No comments:

Post a Comment